The Comité International d'Histoire de l'Art (CIHA) has as its aims:
- To develop the historical and methodological study of artistic activities and productions.
- To ensure permanent links between art historians of all countries.
- To stimulate international meetings of art historians.
- To stimulate and co-ordinate the dissemination of information about research undertaken under the aegis of CIHA.
- To disseminate information and publicity about art historical activities world-wide: conferences, publications, research projects etc.
- To study means of improving methods of teaching and research, and of increasing the research resources available to art historians: data bases, bibliographies, photographic and iconographical documentation, etc.
- To serve international co-operation in the sense defined by the CIPSH.
(Taken from the Statutes)